Swedish Vegan Sustainable Contemporary Fashion
Humans Are Vain is a Premium Swedish Vegan brand that fuses the latest sustainable materials and innovation methods with timeless contemporary design. Our sustainable and recycled materials are what defines us and products made from such materials as Pineapple leaves and recycled plastic ocean trash can be found throughout our collection. We’ve carefully developed our materials and designed the products in a way to ensure we can operate a circular economy therfore all our products can be fully recycled at end of life. Even our footwear can be turned into new soles and you can find more information about how our circular economy works in our Recycle Projekt Page.
Our manufacturing takes place in Portugal and Sweden in carefully selected ethical factories which we monitor with our own quality control team based near the factories. We ensure that all our products can be certified 100% vegan which means every component and material is checked and certified. We have also been approved by Peta and you will see the Peta Apprved Vegan logo next to our products.
The Humans Are Vain Vision:
Currently we are pioneering new developments in sustainable materials and production methods with several projects currently running including biodegradable 3D printed footwear and 3D printed sneakers made from textile waste. In 2020 we will launch a biodegradable 3D printed sandal and by 2022 will will be producing 3D printed sneakers made from textile waste.
We also believe in supporting organisations that are helping the environment and we are currently collaborating with an NGO on the West Coast of Sweden to help remove as much plastic waste as possible from the ocean and shoreline. We will be posting more information about this shortly.
1. Create sustainable eco friendly vegan products that help the planet
2. Remove as much plastic trash from the oceans as possible through materials used in our products
3. Design contemporary timeless pieces utilising the latest sustainable and recycled materials
4. Support organizations and charities that help the planet and the ocean
5. Develop the next generation of sustainable materials and production methods
6. Operate a circular economy
7. Consider our carbon footprint on every action we take
8. Keep our prices as fair as possible
9. Only work with ethical factories based in Europe
10. Engineer our materials and products for maximum quality and comfort
11. Always be transparent and honest offering as much information about our products as possible to our customer
12. Provide people with a better alternative